October 21, 2018
Yellow Brick Road Tours is a firm supporter of responsible travel practices and we actively promote this philosophy within the company, to our travellers and our business partners. We know that travel can bring many benefits to local people, helping to provide a living for communities in the tourism industry and promoting cross-cultural awareness and understanding.
However, travel can also have a negative impact on local people and their environment. We try to identify and reduce negative impacts to ensure we travel in a positive and sustainable way.
A responsible travel policy can only be as good as the people who put it into practice. As a company we are committed to operating according to the guidelines set out below.
When we take clients around the world, our aim is to have a minimal impact on our surrounds, travelling in an environmentally responsible manner. This ensures everyone involved respects and maintains the natural and often delicate balance of the destination. As travellers ourselves we recognise the impact that tourism can have and whilst economic gain from tourism is often fundamental to a country, it should never be at the expense of its culture or the environment. It is our aim to provide journeys that have minimal negative and maximum positive impact on the countries we visit. We don’t believe that as visitors, we should impose our own cultures on others; rather that we should experience foreign cultures and appreciate them for what they are.
What We Do
Supporting and involving local people
- • We recruit and involve local people wherever possible
- • We support and prefer to work directly with local businesses, services
- • We aim to work and treat the
andbusinesses in a fair and just manner.
- • We aim to work with partners who operate their own local initiatives.
- • Family-run and owned establishments make up a decent percentage of accommodation used.
- • We are efficient in our use of natural resources.
- • We
minimiseenvironmental damage for items that carry a negative impact, for
- • Our group sizes are small, helping
minimisecultural and environmental impact.
- • We always abide by local guidelines regarding
toflora and fauna.
- • We aim to work with companies that share our commitment to environmental responsibility.
Happy Responsible Travelling!